Planting Instructions for Bee Friendly Wildflower Seeds
- Optimal planting time is after the first fall killing frost, or during spring green-up. (If it's not planting season yet, store your seed packet in a cool, dry place, until it's time to plant.)
- Weed the area to be planted, using a natural herbicide if necessary.
- Clear the area of debris (leaf litter, wood chips) and anything else that would impede good seed-to-soil contact.
- If the area is compacted, consider adding 1-2" of well decomposed compost, and till to a depth of 6".
- Seeds should be planted approximately 1/4" to 1/2" deep. Scatter seeds, and incorporate into the soil, using a rake. To increase seed-to-soil contact, firm the bed by walking on it.